Friday Find

What? Friday find actually posted on Friday? Impressive right?




This week a recipe was passed on to me by my good friend T (thanks T, you rock!).
I haven't had a chance to try it yet but she assures me it got rave reviews and she would not say that if it were not true. T keeps it real, y'all.



Spaghetti Pie Casserole


1 pkg (8 oz) spaghetti

1 lb. ground beef

1 small onion, chopped

2 garlic cloves, minced

1 jar (14oz) spaghetti sauce

½ tsp salt

¼ tsp pepper

3 oz. cream cheese

1 cup sour cream

3 green onions, chopped

1 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese


1.     Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain well.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain.  Stir in spaghetti sauce, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

2.     In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and sour cream until blended; stir in green onions.  In a greased 11x7 baking dish, layer the spaghetti, cream cheese mixture and meat mixture.  Top with shredded cheese.

3.     Bake, covered at 350°F for 25 minutes.  Uncover; bake for 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is bubbly.
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                   If you try it, let me know what you think of it!

Comments

  1. I'm definitely going to try this this weekend! Sounds easy and delicious! For Step 3, when you say "bake covered," you mean with foil, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, I'll have to give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments...I would love to hear from you.. Thanks for stopping by!

Popular Posts