Friday Find




Maybe I should just change this to "recent find". Since I seem to be having issues getting it posted on Fridays. This time it was a case of my home computer giving me an error all weekend (including Friday) every time I tried to log on to my blog. Just my blog, everything else was fine. It was weird.






With Spring coming, I am getting a head start with my spring cleaning. I spent some time scrubbing baseboards and inside/outside cupboards this weekend and in the effort to make any cleaning task easier I came across this great tip.


This Friday find is a little household cleaning tip:



Warm up the cloth or sponge in the microwave first!


Grease and dirt build up on kitchen cabinets over time. To clean your cabinets, first heat a slightly damp sponge or cloth in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds until it's hot. Put on a pair of rubber gloves, spray the cabinets with an all-purpose cleaner containing orange oil ( I used a couple of drops of wild orange essential oil mixed in water and for good measure a little good ol vinegar), then wipe off the cleaner with the hot sponge. My cupboards are white so I pretty much wipe down the outside of them every other day and they don't get super grungy but it's still a good cleaning tip all together.
A good cleaning with less "elbow grease" on my part. count me in!


And hey while you at it here's a tip for something I have been doing for years. Put a microwave safe bowl filled with water and a couple teaspoons of  lemon juice (I also use essential oils here but you can use the juice of real lemon or any citrus fruit). I use oil of lemon, sometimes lime or sometimes orange-any citrus works great). Put in the microwave for like 5 minutes. It will steam up the microwave. Take the bowl of water out (be careful doing this, the water in the bowl is hot!!) and wipe the inside of the microwave out. The steam makes wiping it out a breeze and added bonus, the citrus you used in the water leaves it smelling nice and fresh! And hey, use the water you boiled  in the microwave (once it cooled to just warm temp) to wipe down your fridge or wipe down your sink with it. The citrus in the water can make your sink nice and shiny. Don't waste this nice warm citrus water, reuse it!

And there it is. Your Friday find on Monday.

Happy Monday!



Comments

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments...I would love to hear from you.. Thanks for stopping by!

Popular Posts