Friday finds

Most of the time I like shopping (okay, I am kind of known around these parts to always be shopping and looking for the latest score).  I have to admit however  I am pretty cheap frugal so it makes for interesting shopping at times.I shop a lot online and a fair share in stores as well. I am always on the look out for a good deal and always keeping my eye out for unique items.

Each Friday I will share with you a recent find.
We'll try it out anyways okay? Okay.

This week I started my online search for unique items for my kids for Christmas.
Shopping for my boys has become challenging. bigJ is now 19 and has a full time job that pays pretty well. Whatever he wants he buys for himself these days. His closet is overflowing with clothes, he obviously doesn't play with toys and any other thing he might be interested in that he hasn't already bought himself is way over our Christmas budget. LittleA is 12, barely plays with toys anymore, is on the fence about getting clothes as gifts and just want video games. I refuse to indulge the video game obsession any further. So this leads me to hours of searching for things that they will like and actually use without spending a tons of money or wasting any money either on stuff they will shove in a drawer and never look at again.

This week I found a little gadget for bigJ he might actually find cool (maybe, just maybe) and the price tag was not bad. It's a guitar pick punch. You can take old credit cards and gifts cards and such and use this punch to make guitar picks out of them.
It's unique if anything. I have never seen anything like it before. BigJ plays guitar so hopefully he can get a little use out of this. I think it's a neat little gift anyways that he can use for years to come. He seems to loose picks frequently so this should get some use!



You can get this item here
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/e91b_diy_guitar_pick_punch.jpg

(there's lot's of neat stuff on this website actually!)

If you have any ideas of unique gifts my boys might like or just unique gift ideas in general pass them along, I would love to hear them!!!



Comments

  1. Omg, what a neat idea. I've never seen one either.. very very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That guitar pick punch is seriously one of the most creative, original, and interesting gift ideas I've seen! I hope bigJ thinks so, too. I'd never considered how difficult it can be to shop for boys, but I can see how it's definitely easier shopping for us ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I always welcome comments...I would love to hear from you.. Thanks for stopping by!

Popular Posts