Thursday, September 20, 2012
Letter to my 16 year old self
But guess what, I am going to give you a few tips and pointers anyways. Do what you want with them (I know you will anyways!).
1) I know your friends are super cool. Way cooler than anyone in your family could even come close to. I understand that you love to spend all your time with them. They are just like you! At times you question how you could possibly be related the yahoo’s in your family. You are so different from them! I know you love your family, let them know you do. Please be kind to them. Give them some of your time. They love you for exactly who you are. I hate to break it to you, most of these “friends” you swear you will be friends with forever (and who totally “get” you) will most likely not be by your side for long. Don’t take your family for granted.
2) It’s okay to dream. You aren’t doing this, at all. People dream. Why aren’t you dreaming? Relax a little. Live just a little bit less in reality and a little more in the land of dreams. Jump in mud puddles and roll in piles of leaves. Don’t take yourself so seriously.
3) School is boring. But it so much easier to do it at 16 then to do it later in life while working full time, raising a family and then having classes and homework to do as well!
4) Smoking is not cool. Put that cigarette down, now.
5) Wear your glasses! Your mom spent good money on them and you need them. Don’t be so vain. You think they are so uncool. Do you know what is not cool? Having to have such a strong prescription that is has to be ordered in because you didn’t wear your glasses when you got them at the age of 15. Because of this your eyes sight deteriorated so bad you can barely see. No exaggeration. Bordering on legally blind. Get over yourself, just put them on!
P.S- Hate to be the one to break it to you but those boobs you keep hoping will eventually come, never do. What you have now is all your getting. Look at it this way, at least you know when a guy shows interest in you it's not for your incredible rack. Like not at all. Some day, you will find a tiny weeny bit of comfort in that. Some day.
Any advice you would like to give your 16 year old self?