A portrait of marriage

Well a tiny bit like my marriage anyways...



 My husband recently told me that he doesn't find me annoying all of the time, just some of the time.
   I told a friend about it and she asked me what my response was. In all honestly my response was to laugh. A true, honest to goodness belly laugh. I love that we can say these things and not offend each other. I love the dynamic of our relationship in this regard. We don't tip toe around each other. We respect each other but don't tip toe around. I think some people would find this disrespectful but I am not the type of person that needs to be coddled, hugged and kissed all of the time to feel loved or respected. Of course, maybe this is why our relationship seems to be enduring. He is not the type to give that kind of attention and I am not the type of person who wants or needs it. I am not sensitive and I enjoy the teasing and honesty. It may not be everyone's ideal relationship but I would not want it any other way and I don't think my Husband would either. We have a lot of fun!
   I also told my friend that I also laughed because I feel the same about him and he totally knows it! I also had to add that isn't that what marriage is about? Loving each other in spite of how annoying we find each other at times?
                                                          I think so, anyways!
                 How would you react if your spouse said something like this to you?


Comments

Popular Posts